Girl Scouts-Wagon Wheel Council
Position Title:Membership & Marketing Specialist – Bilingual in Spanish
Reports to: Director, Membership & Volunteer Development
Manages the delivery and extension of the Girl Scout program in the community. This includes
development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for girl membership growth
reaching all populations; cultivation of new market areas; and securing interest and support of
the community, building strong relations with key community leaders, family members,
institutions and business organizations.
1. Assist in the development and achievement of Council fund development plans as
2. Make a personal financial contribution to Girl Scouts-Wagon Wheel Council.
3. Demonstrate a positive attitude reflective of the Girl Scout principles and beliefs.
4. Contribute toward the effectiveness of Council AA/EEO guidelines by ensuring that
program and membership plans reach out to all racial/ethnic groups and provide equal
access by acquiring knowledge and understanding of affirmative action, and by exhibiting
a nondiscriminatory attitude in all internal and external working relationships.
5. Assist in setting Council-wide goals, objectives and strategies.
6. Deliver and extend Girl Scout program by planning and implementing membership
strategies for the cultivation, recruitment, and retention of girl and adult members.
7. Develop a comprehensive plan for girl membership growth and retention by analyzing
market data on demographics, membership trends, and other pertinent resources.
8. Understand Council and community needs and develop/implement innovative approaches
that will facilitate the growth of Girl Scouting and the creation of innovative collaborative
projects in all areas of the Council.
9. Assist in the identification and cultivation of prospective donors. Assist in the recruitment
and training of fund development teams.
10. Actively promote Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, networking and
11. Provide Girl Scout visibility and strengthening of image in the community by maintaining
good community relations.
12. Carry out other duties as assigned.
1. Interpersonal Relations
2. Managing Diversity
3. Team Building
4. Customer Responsiveness
5. Personal Integrity and Professional Conduct
6. Organizational Knowledge
7. Judgment and Decision Making
8. Conflict Management
9. Communication—oral and written
10. Volunteer Management
11. Time Management
1. Willing to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of Girl
Scouts-Wagon Wheel Council.
2. Provide exceptional customer service.
3. Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent of three years or more experience in community
organization, marketing and sales.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills with public speaking experience in English
5. Extensive experience in working with girls, parents, volunteers and volunteer organizations.
6. Strong human relations, communication and problem-solving skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to organize and complete assignments, and to create and carry out
8. Demonstrated ability in planning, management and supervision.
9. Access to transportation that complies with state law.
10. Ability to transport materials up to 30 pounds from a vehicle to a building.
11. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
GSWWC ATTN: BERTHA KOCH.
719-597-8603 Extension 41