JOB DESCRIPTION- United States Golf Association
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Grants Initiative
REPORTS TO: Manager, Grants & Fellowship
Consulting Director, Grants & Fellowship
JOB MISSION: To ensure that the USGA's $50 million “For the Good of the Game” Grants initiative is aimed at making golf more affordable and accessible for economically disadvantaged youth and people with disabilities. To ensure the Grants initiative is communicative with and supportive of its constituency and is as efficient and effective as possible with its investments in non-profit organizations and USGA outreach programs.
OVERVIEW AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: To train, coordinate, and oversee a group of recent college graduates hired through the USGA’s Fellowship in Leadership and Service in their efforts to guide the preparation of grant applications, review Fellow’s presentation of applications to a volunteer committee for decision, ensure that grant contracts are effective, and supervise compliance of an average of $5 million in grant awards annually. Requests typically reach $15 million each year. Fellows, who serve as Grants Program staff, are in the program for two to three years each, therefore this is a learning environment with a heavy emphasis on teaching and collaboration. This is an entry-level management position.
“For the Good of the Game” Grants Initiative
- Replying to inquiries
- Processing received applications
- Assigning Fellows to work on grant applications
- Advising Fellows on grant work preparation (executive summaries, site visits, compliance reports, budget assessments, financial analysis)
- Preparing collateral materials for Grants Committee Review
- Executing decisions of Grants Committee (grant agreements, changes in grant terms)
- Reviewing grant report summaries including financial statements
- Overseeing documentation of staff correspondence with grantees
- Assisting with travel planning for evaluation visits
- Ensuring timely payment and reporting schedule for grants
-Must be willing and able to travel as required
-This is a full time assignment located in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Salary is commensurate with experience.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit hard copies of all of the following items by August 18, 2006:
- 1 to 2 page cover letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position
- Resume or C.V.
- Recent compensation history
Application materials should be sent to and inquiries can be made with:
USGA Grants & Fellowship Manager
1631 Mesa Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Phone: 719-471-4810, ext. 16