OFFICE OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
ALLIANCE FOR KIDS: The El Paso County Early
Childhood Council designed to work collaboratively on a high quality early
childhood system focusing on Early Care & Education, Health, Mental Health and
EMPLOYING AGENCY: Joint Initiatives for Youth &
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Responsible for
working to increase the level of post-secondary education throughout the Early
Care & Education (ECE) provider community and coordinating other ECE training
offered in El Paso County. Functions as a liaison between the Alliance for
Kidsí Office of Professional Development and Pikes Peak Community College, as
well as other accredited institutions of higher learning. Serves as a mentor to
participants in the program. Directs efforts to increase formal educational
opportunities and supports for the existing licensed providers, in order to
maintain existing licensed childcare availability.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Alliance for Kidsí Personnel
Committee (Council Coordinator, Alliance Co-Chairs, and employing agency).
- Bachelorís Degree in early childhood, education,
public administration, communications, or a related field from an accredited
College or University is required.
- Must demonstrate the following qualities:
self-motivated, self-directed, able to make good judgments, creative,
reliable, and dependable.
- Strong leadership ability and unquestionable
- Excellent skills in communication, interpersonal
relations, time management, and demonstrated ability to work with minimal
supervision in demanding conditions.
- Sincere interest in working with early childhood
educators and the early childhood community.
- Must have reliable transportation and automobile
- Must present a professional demeanor in behavior and
- Serves as a mentor to early childhood providers in
need of higher education.
- Coordinates early childhood courses and training
throughout El Paso County.
- Develops and maintains positive professional
relationships with key staff at Pikes Peak Community College and regularly
communicates with those staff.
- Develops and implements a plan to market the available
ECE courses and training within the provider community.
- Conducts needs surveys for ECE courses and other early
childhood training throughout the county.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an
up-to-date calendar of ECE courses and training in collaboration with Child
Car Connections (local resource and referral agency), posted on Child Care
Connections website and linked to the Alliance website.
- Interconnects and enhances existing ECE resource
libraries into a county-wide ECE resource materials system.
- Facilitates access to available resource materials.
- Builds and maintains a database to monitor the
effective use of the overall program.
- Follows established protocols for data collection and
is responsible for keeping data current.
- Identifies and mentors Early Childhood professionals
on available tuition sources.
- Coordinates the access and distribution of tuition
- Establishes and oversees protocols for sharing
information among all Office of Professional Development partners.
- Supports Alliance for Kids activities in the absence
of the Council Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Base Salary: $35,000-$40,000. This position is dependent
on continued grant funding.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Mr. Scott Young, Coordinator
Alliance for Kids
2340 Robinson Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80904