TITLE: Membership Coordinator
STATUS: 35 hours per week: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Development Director
88.7 KCME-FM is an independent, public radio station, located in Colorado Springs. For almost 30 years, KCME has broadcast classical music and served the cultural community by promoting the activities and events of non-profit organizations in southern and central Colorado. 88.7 KCME is supported its donors grants from foundations, and corporate sponsorship of on-air programming.
Works in conjunction with and under the supervision of the Development Director. Major focus areas include data entry, processing of donations, donor acknowledgement and communications, membership mailings to include monthly renewals, member acquisitions, and maintaining current member records in database (FundRaiser Pro). Will work to ensure coordination of direct mail fundraising and membership programs.
· Perform and manage data entry and database management on membership database, including generating reports, lists and statistics, updating donor information and adding new prospects.
· Compose, generate, and ensure timely donor receipt of donor acknowledgement letters and general donor communications to include email correspondence as requested by donors.
· Serve as a primary contact for KCME members through telephone, email, and in-person communication.
· On a daily basis, process checks and cash received, pledges, credit card and EFT payments for all Development and Membership programs and ensure deposits are received by Accounting in a timely manner (strive for 24 hour turnaround).
· Research, create, implement and maintain membership category levels and benefits to ensure a broad and engaged KCME membership.
· Maintain database records of in-kind donations and generate donor acknowledgement of gifts.
· Become familiar with all database (FundRaiser Pro) functions and capabilities, and actively pursue ongoing database training, which is provided by the station as needed.
· Create and implement activities which serve to cultivate new members through targeted mailings, cultivation events and KCME booth at events (such as Philharmonic performances).
· Produce and distribute invitations to member events (4 per year), as well as maintain RSVP lists.
· Establish and maintain department files.
· Support other staff in their programs and activities as needed.
· Other responsibilities may be added as needed.
· Commitment to the mission of KCME.
· Advanced MS Office skills, with emphasis on merges and Excel.
· Excellent customer services skills, via phone, email and in-person.
· Superior time-management skill and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Ability to obtain superior database skills through a commitment to continuous training.
· Strong oral communication skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
· Extremely organized and able to establish organizational systems for Development Department.
· Team player.
· High integrity and able to commit to keeping all donor records confidential.
· B.S. or B.A. in relevant field preferred; but proven work experience is also taken into consideration.
• Compensation commensurate with experience and work history.
Job will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Please submit a resumé, with cover letter to:
Director of Development
1921 North Weber Street
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80907-6903
Or: submitted by e-mail to [email protected]
NO Walk-ins. Walk-in applications will not be considered.
88.7 KCME-FM is an EEOC/ADA Employer.