SYNOPSIS: Manages administrative functions at TESSA including human resources, facilities, administrative support, equipment, computers, and cash deposits.
· Responsible for new employee paperwork.
· Maintenance of personnel files.
· Responsible for implementation of personnel benefits.
· Advertise all open positions. Receive, screen, and file all resumes and applications received.
· Maintenance of job descriptions.
· Develop, update, and interpret office policy and procedures related to employment.
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining approved office policies and procedures.
· Responsible for maintenance of all confidential employee paperwork.
· Responsible for providing, or obtaining consultation on employee-related questions/issues.
· Responsible for providing advice/counsel/coaching to managers regarding personnel-related issues.
· Responsible for coordinating and tracking all outside trainings that staff attend.
· Supervises Front Desk staff including employees, volunteers, and interns. Ensures that clients’ needs are addressed and all administrative requests are completed in a timely manner.
· Ensures adequate coverage of front desk during business hours providing back-up coverage when necessary.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
· Compiles monthly department highlights/program updates report.
· Prepares Board packets.
· Schedules and sets up the conference room for board meetings.
· Responsible for mailing out notices, correspondence, and meeting minutes.
· Compiles and updates all pertinent member information.
· Maintains board roster and all other board materials.
· Perform cash receipts recap and cash deposits.
· Maintain petty cash
FACILITIES AND COMPUTER MANAGEMENT
· Responsible for contracting janitorial, printing, and all other facility related vendor services.
· Responsible for service and maintenance of office equipment including telephones, voicemail system, cell phones, and pagers.
· Responsible for building maintenance.
· Ensures office supplies are maintained at an adequate level.
· Maintains efficient administrative and personnel related filing systems.
· Assigns and tracks all access fobs issued and returned.
· Responsible for fulfilling Colorado and Federal Labor Law posting requirements.
· Responsible for computer systems including obtaining new equipment, desktops and servers, and coordinating with computer vendors for maintenance of current systems (hard and software).
· Communicates and follows up on all appropriate maintenance service requests to the Myron Stratton Home.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
· Identify program development opportunities in accordance with organizational mission, operating philosophy, strategic plan, and best practices.
· Deliver programs and services in a manner that is respectful and sensitive to the client’s, donors, and/or volunteer’s cultural experience.
· Develop multicultural services, programming, and outreach.
· Prevent, identify, and remove discriminatory barriers in services provided.
· Provide program reports, e.g. the monthly program highlights, as requested in a comprehensive and timely fashion.
· Monitor and manage program budgets.
· Recognize that we hold attitudes and beliefs that can detrimentally influence our perceptions of and interactions with individuals who are diverse from ourselves.
· Recognize the importance of multicultural sensitivity, responsiveness to, knowledge of, and understanding about diversity.
· Apply the principles of multiculturalism and diversity in training and staff development.
· Apply culturally appropriate skills in all interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner agencies, and other community members.
· Use organizational change processes to support culturally informed organizational policies & procedures.
· Ensure staff and volunteer/intern training and orientation to policies and procedures for owned programs is completed.
· Establishes and communicates performance expectations.
· Provide direct, ongoing supervision and support to staff, volunteers, and interns for owned programs.
· Provides direction, motivates, delegates, and is actively involved in the development of staff and volunteers. This includes listening, giving feedback, supporting their efforts, and recognizing and rewarding performance.
· Complete 90-day and yearly employee performance evaluations on all direct reports in a comprehensive and timely fashion.
· Employ and dismiss departmental staff, volunteers, and interns in accordance with agency personnel policies and program needs.
· Prevent, identify and/or remove discriminatory barriers in TESSA’s recruitment, hiring, training, retention, career development, promotion, benefits, and pay policies & practices.
· Champion cultural inclusivity principles and efforts within the organization and its partnerships.
· Commit to TESSA’s organizational mission, vision, and operating philosophy.
· Develop, understand, support, and implement organizational initiatives and strategic plans.
· Responsible for bank deposits.
· Attend staff and other relevant meetings, trainings, and in-services as assigned
· Other duties and projects as requested by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelors in related field
· Two years relevant experience including human resources and supervision.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), problem solving, listening and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work well under stressful circumstances and multi-task.
· Ability to empathize, encourage and guide
· Knowledgeable and proficient computer skills
· Valid driver's license and car insurance
· Must be willing to submit to background checks.
· Ability to read, write and speak English
· Fluency in Spanish and/or ASL preferred
· Ability to sit and concentrate for long periods of time
· Ability to climb stairs, if necessary
· Possesses vision sufficient to read and work on a computer
· Possesses hearing sufficient to communicate on phone and in person
· Ability to write legibly
· Ability to lift 50lbs
· Ability to work long hours, intermittently
· Ability to tolerate all weather conditions
_______________________ ____________________________ ________
Printed Name Signature Date
Please send resume to [email protected]