Colorado Springs Fine
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Type: Full Time – Experienced
Required Education: Masters
Deadline: February 15, 2008
The CSFAC finished its $28.4 million expansion and renovation in August, 2007, expanding the center from 88,388 to 132,286 gross square feet; a total expansion of 48,398 gross square feet. In addition to the Taylor Museum, the Fine Arts Center includes the Bemis School of Art and the SaGaJi theatre.
The President/CEO is charged with leading the artistic and business affairs of the CSFAC, interpreting and implementing the goals and policies adopted by the Board of Trustees, and managing the operations and activities of staff departments.
The CEO reports to the board chair and the board as a whole, unless otherwise directed by the board.
The CEO provides the personal leadership to achieve the organization's vision, mission and goals by developing and implementing strategies and initiatives to: -expand the CSFAC audiences nationally and regionally -ensure the CSFAC’s financial stability and growth -cultivate new funding sources and oversee annual capital and membership campaigns.
The CEO works closely with the Board to provide and promote the artistic vision of the CSFAC and provide a robust and creative environment within which the arts will flourish. The CEO will have the ultimate responsibility for the vision and direction for the future enhancement of the collection, exhibits and programs in order to continually strengthen the CSFAC's position as the arts leader in the Pikes Peak region.
The CEO is responsible for, and has commensurate authority to accomplish, the overall business and operations of the organization. The CEO may delegate, as appropriate, certain aspects of those responsibilities, along with corresponding authority, to staff and/or volunteers, with appropriate accountability. Ultimate responsibility and accountability for the business and operation of the CSFAC may not be delegated.
The CEO serves as a spokesperson and advocate for the CSFAC; provides a consistent message on key issues, including to the public, elected officials and other broad community leaders; effectively represents the CSFAC to all the community; enhances the organization’s public image as an institution of the highest quality in matters of collection and display of works of art, presentation of artistic performances, education in the arts, and scholarship, in order to expand interest and support of all kinds.
The CEO develops very positive relationships with all of CSFAC’s constituencies, including trustees, donors, members, advisors, docents, and the arts community.
• A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in one discipline of the arts, such as Art History; Studio Art; Performing Arts; Arts Education; Arts Administration, with advanced management training/degrees.
• Five years of management experience in a business, museum or related cultural institution. Additional experience in a related field is desirable.
• Specialized knowledge in at least one area of the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center’s programmatic areas, which includes: American, Latin American and American Indian art; performing arts; arts education. The first area is primary.
• Proven ability to implement the policies similar to those established by the Fine Arts Center’s governing body and to encourage the active participation of the board, the staff and the public in realizing objectives and goals.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong business, organizational and project management skills.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated record of fundraising successes and financial management.
• Broad knowledge of the art field and museum practices, and understanding of performing arts and art education.
• Excellent problem solving skills, delegation skills, good judgment, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively network and interact with community, members/sponsors and artists and performers.
• Ability to understand the big picture and plan effectively for future needs.
719.477.4310 | Visit csfineartscenter.org
Find your Center...at the Fine Arts Center